OCTOBER 1st, 2017
BEL–AIR BAY CLUB
When we launched our new site recently, I wanted a place where a new bride sporting her fresh “bling” could go to get inspired… Take a look at this amazing gem filled with rich, history and beauty…Welcome to the picturesque Bel-Air Bay Club. By Deborah James – Bella Vita Events
This is a venue that has it ALL… LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
Built in 1927 as a private estate by a prominent developer Alphonzo Bell, he created this one of a kind venue, nestled between Santa Monica and Malibu, to capture some of the most spectacular views of the southern California coastline available to host an event.
First off, you are about to experience a property unlike anything else out there… a one of a kind gem. The tree lined road leads you up to the bluff to a magnificent Mediterranean-style clubhouse with nooks, gardens and grounds to capture the most lush photographs.
When your guests arrive, they will be greeted at the stately doors and ushered down thru the gardens to a 180 degree panoramic view of the jaw dropping Pacific, an experience perched above will be a treat for all guests to enjoy. The perfectly, manicured ceremony lawn, can accommodate up to 500 seated guests as they watch the palms sway in the trade winds, weather a ceremony or any kind of event, to witness any exchange with these views in priceless.
Next, guests can be transitioned from the lawn, to the Upper Club Patio to receive the full cocktail and “happy hour” experience. Rich, deep, lush bougainvillea fills this patio featured with a prominent fountain, that can be easily adorned with greenery and candles to match any décor palate. Overhead palazzo lighting and roaring fireplace with oversized cozy furniture, will leave you believing that you escaped to a palazzo in the heart of Italy.
But wait… there’s more… a feast for your eyes and for your tummy…. When guests enter the ballroom and see that panoramic view from yet another elevated vantage point, you just know the evening is ripe to deliver great experiences. Their award-winning executive chef, who has coveted positions in many Michelin-starred restaurants from around the world, creates and delivers a consistent culinary experience, far beyond the typical banquet style menu. Open to incorporating family recipes and cultured cuisine, makes this venue extra appealing for the “foodie” bride and groom.
With the ability to seat up to 275 guests indoors, this neutral, yet warm and newly renovated room boasts such warmth and beauty by being bookended by two roaring fireplaces, high beams, and windows galore to watch the sparkling pacific, turn in to twinkling stars. Each and every detail has been carefully customized by a top notch catering & banquet team that is committed to delivering the highest quality service and product from planning to the final production.
From scenery to service, Bel-Air Bay Club will deliver and exceed all your expectations.
BEL-AIR BAY CLUB FACTS
• Maximum Seated Indoors: 200 or 220 with 20 guests having a partial view
• Maximum Seated Outdoors: 500
• Maximum Seated Indoors: 275 with dinner and dancing in same location OR 350 with dinner and dancing in separate locations
• Maximum Seated Outdoors: 500, 550 standing
• Meeting Capacity- up to 260 guests
• Wedding & Receptions
• Special Events & Celebrations
• Corporate & Business functions/Meetings
• Rehearsal Dinners
• Cultural ceremonies, dinners & Parties
• CATERING- In house by Michelin-starred chef
• KITCHEN FACILITIES: Fully equipped
• TABLES, CHAIRS, LINENS, SILVER, ETC.- Provided
• RESTROOMS: Provided and wheel chair accessible
• DANCE FLOOR: Provided
• BRIDES/GROOMS DRESSING AREA: Yes
• AV/EQUIPMENT: Provided
• PARKING: Limited, Valet required for events when parking more than 35 cars.
• ACCOMODATIONS: 9 Guest Rooms available for additional fee
• OUTDOOR NIGHT LIGHTING: Minimal Access lighting
• CLEANUP: Provided
• VIEW: Landscaped grounds, hills, mountains, Panorama of Pacific Ocean Coastline
• OTHER: Stienway grand piano, separate outdoor patio, 3 fireplaces
• Designed by Alphonzo Bell in the 1920’s
• $10k initial deposit to reserve your date
• Venue rental fees range from $1500-$3000, Food & Beverage minimum required. Rates vary by day of the week and time of year.
• Meals range $52-105. per person
• Tax, alcohol and 22% service charge added
To schedule a tour or book an event at Bel-Air Bay Club contact:
Sales and Special Events Director: Chris Kamps-Silver
BEL–AIR BAY CLUB WEDDING PORTFOLIO
Bel-Air Bay Club Wedding Highlights Video Courtesy of Brand Videography
JUNE 3, 2017
IT’S ALL ABOUT LOCATION
As a seasoned event visionary & producer, I find that every event starts with 3 things: Date, approximate guest count, & location.By Deborah James – Bella Vita Events
Since we are all so busy juggling many of life’s demands, I find that we don’t have much time to read blogs anymore… So, I wanted this blog to speak to the beginning of your journey, if you’re looking for just the right place to host your event.
I choose this location because it holds a very special place in my heart, Sherwood Country Club.
Sherwood Country Club is one of the most preeminent and distinct locations to host your upcoming event. This ultra-exclusive gated community is tucked against the Santa Monica Mountains, and is covered with picturesque, oak-covered grounds that are inviting for any type of event. The grand circular driveway, leads to the Georgian architectured clubhouse that presents a stately lobby to greet your guests, complete with manicured lawns, elegant chandeliers, flowing water falls, and many tasteful appointments in style & design to set an sophisticated tone.
There are several locations within the compound to host your event, the croquet lawn, the terrace, the terrace patio and of course, the stately main dining room ballroom complete with 180 degree panoramic views of the 30 million dollar world famous Sherwood country club golf course and Santa Monica mountains back drop.
Every detail has been paid attention to… from the moment you enter the guard gates to walking thru the double front doors, every leaf, every crystal and every brass fixture is maintained impeccably.
As a planner, the next most important thing to me is the experience and customer service that my client would receive in their journey… At Sherwood CC, they are on top of their game from the word go… Custom designed packages, 5 star chef and culinary experience, a fine oiled banquet team to fulfill every service need, on your the most important day.
SHERWOOD COUNTRY CLUB FACTS
• Maximum Seated Indoors: 200
• Maximum Seated Outdoors: 250<
• Maximum Seated Indoors: 250
• Maximum Seated Outdoors: 250
• Maximum Standing/Cocktails Indoors: 500
• Maximum Standing/Cocktails Outdoors: 1000
• Wedding Receptions
• Special Events, Parties
• Business Functions/Meetings
• Rehearsal Dinners
• CATERING: In-house, or BYO
• KITCHEN FACILITIES: Fully Equipped
• TABLES & CHAIRS: Provided
• LINENS, SILVER, ETC.: Provided
• RESTROOMS: Wheelchair Accessible
• DANCE FLOOR: Portable Provided
• BRIDE’S DRESSING AREA: Yes
• AV/MEETING EQUIPMENT: Provided, CBA
• PARKING: Large Lot
• ACCOMMODATIONS: No Guest Rooms • OUTDOOR NIGHT LIGHTING: CBA
• OUTDOOR COOKING FACILITIES: BBQ CBA
• CLEANUP: Provided
• VIEW: Forest, Fountain, Garden, Pond, Landscaped Grounds, Waterfall, Panorama of Fairways and Santa Monica Mountains
• OTHER: Grand Piano, Event Coordination
• Got it’s name from the 1920 film Robin Hood
• The back ground for several films, i.e. Scooby Doo & Bridesmaids
• Host the Tiger Woods Golf Championship